I bake these delightful cookies every year for Christmas and when I share a tray of my homemade treats with the faculty at school, these are always the first to disappear! I've even had requests to make them for wedding receptions.—Deb Lyon, Bangor, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and walnuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine apricots and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until apricots are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar, cinnamon and apricots. Cover and process until smooth. Spread over bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies in Cookies & Bars Holiday 2012 2012, p73
Reviews for Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review