Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies Recipe
I bake these delightful cookies every year for Christmas and when I share a tray of my homemade treats with the faculty at school, these are always the first to disappear! I've even had requests to make them for wedding receptions.—Deb Lyon, Bangor, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and walnuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine apricots and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until apricots are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 5. In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar, cinnamon and apricots. Cover and process until smooth. Spread over bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- 6. For topping, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC