Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies Recipe
I bake these delightful cookies every year for Christmas and when I share a tray of my homemade treats with the faculty at school, these are always the first to disappear! I've even had requests to make them for wedding receptions.—Deb Lyon, Bangor, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, combine flour and walnuts; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, combine apricots and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until apricots are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; cool to room temperature. Pulse 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and apricots in a blender or food processor until smooth. Spread over bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
- 4. For topping, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 119 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot-Filled Sandwich Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC