- on pans on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine apricots and water. Bring to
- a boil. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until apricots are tender. Drain
- and cool to room temperature.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar, cinnamon and
- apricots. Cover and process until smooth. Spread over bottoms of
- half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.