Apricot-Filled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sweet-and-sour salad dressing
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 onion slice, separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Make a lengthwise cut three-quarters of the way through each tenderloin; pound to flatten evenly. Set aside three apricots for marinade. Stuff remaining apricots into pork to within 1/2 in. of ends; secure with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and reserved apricots. Cover and process until smooth; set aside 1/3 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable bag; add tenderloins. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning meat often.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Filled Pork Tenderloin(3)
Sort By :
This is probably THE best pork tenderloin that I've ever eaten!
Very Flavorfull. It makes great leftovers as well. This is my new favorite way to cook pork.
I couldn't find the sweet and sour salad dressing, so I used some sweet and sour sauce and it work out well I thought.
This recipe was awesome! The marinade was unique and the pork was tender and delicious. However, I did have to cook mine for closer to an hour, so be sure to have your thermometer handy!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >