Apricot Empanadas Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the flour and lemon peel. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 17-1/2-in. x 12-1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam onto each square. Brush edges with water; fold pastry over filling, forming a triangle. Seal edges well with a fork.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 35 empanadas.
Originally published as Apricot Empanadas in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p38
Reviews for Apricot Empanadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"My daughter found this recipe and made these with a friend today. They are very tasty and everyone in the family enjoyed them. She made half with raspberry jam, and half with peach jam. Both were delicious!"