Apricot Eggnog Bars Recipe
One year I thought it would be great to have a caroling party and serve several beverages, include eggnog, which no one touched. Since I did not want to toss out a half gallon of it, I looked for a recipe to use it up. In the end, I took a little for several recipes I found and came up with this delightful treat. Barbara Lento, Houston, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons apricot brandy
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cookie crumbs, almonds and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Chop 8 oz. white chocolate. In a small saucepan, melt chopped chocolate; cool. Sprinkle apricots over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate and brandy. Gradually beat in eggnog. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove baking dish from water bath; cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Chop and melt remaining chocolate; drizzle over top. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Eggnog Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p149
Reviews for Apricot Eggnog Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >