- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained and sliced
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 1 cup apricot nectar on high for 50-60 seconds or until hot. Sprinkle gelatin over hot nectar; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining apricot nectar and enough water to measure 1-1/4 cups; whisk in pudding mix and milk powder for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in cooled gelatin; fold in whipped topping and cake.
- Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Garnish with apricot slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Delight
"I avoid the sugar free instant pudding and the frozen whipped topping, including Cool Whip Free, they both contain hydrogenated oils which are TRANS FATS and NOT healthy!"
"You must use SUGAR FREE pudding and gelatin AS SPECIFIED, for the measurments to be correct. Read twice, mix once!!Tarheel1017"
"Are you sure about the measured ingred. in this recipe??? Have you made it?? How in the world do I get .3 oz of the gelatin?? And 1 oz. of the vanilla pudding mix?? Please clarify!! Thank you!"
"Whoops! I guess I didn't read over the recipe well enough...when I saw the "1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix"....that's what I added! Didn't see the "1 oz" until it was too late! Wish that was made clearer....And I don't have powd. milk either....how much reg. should we add?"
"Re: Aprocot DelightI don't use dry milk,how much regular milk should I use,can it be made with pound cake"