Apricot Cream Cheese Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Ground nuts or flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves, brown sugar and milk until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, apricot preserves, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nuts or coconut. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Apricot Cream Cheese Drops
"they are just ok. the cinnamon is overpowering,use less"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.