- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Ground nuts or flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves, brown sugar and milk until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, apricot preserves, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nuts or coconut. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Cream Cheese Drops in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apricot Cream Cheese Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2013
"they are just ok. the cinnamon is overpowering,use less"