Apricot Cream Biscuits Recipe
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange peel. Stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 biscuit equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Cream Biscuits
"Yum are these good. Golden brown and with the orange peel and apricot jam-soooo tasty. I will definitely be making these again."
"I made these for Christmas. They were super easy and turned out very yummy. I will definitely make these again."