Apricot Cream Biscuits
Melt-in-your-mouth good when warm, these shortcut biscuits with a hint of orange prove that the right mix really can offer homemade taste. —Betty Saint Turner, Attalla, Alabama
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange peel. Stir in cream
- just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead
- 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured
- 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a
- wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep
- indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until
- blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium,