Melt-in-your-mouth good when warm, these shortcut biscuits with a hint of orange prove that the right mix really can offer homemade taste. —Betty Saint Turner, Attalla, Alabama
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange peel. Stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Cream Biscuits in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p95
Reviews for Apricot Cream Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2016
"Yum are these good. Golden brown and with the orange peel and apricot jam-soooo tasty. I will definitely be making these again."
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
"I made these for Christmas. They were super easy and turned out very yummy. I will definitely make these again."