- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and brown half of the chicken on both sides. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add onion to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, cranberries, preserves and vinegar; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Return chicken to pan; cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken halfway. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Cranberry Chicken
"Both DH and I gave this dish an emphatic thumbs-up! I cut it in half for the two of us and used sweet orange marmalade because I was out of apricot preserves. Definitely a keeper."
"I always try and make a recipe just as it is the first round because a tiny change can make big differences. My family loved this recipe and it was very easy. I added a bit more salt and pepper to the final dish because it was very sweet. It was probably because of my brand of apricot preserves. It was still delicious though and reminded me of the fall weather approaching."