Apricot Cranberry Cake Recipe
"This cranberry and apricot cake is a yummy treat for breakfast or brunch," says Helen Borkoski of Silver Spring, Maryland. "Its aroma while baking calls everyone to the kitchen."
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, oil and almond extract. Stir into biscuit mixture just until combined. Fold in the cranberries, apricots and almonds.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Cranberry Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC