- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, oil and almond extract. Stir into biscuit mixture just until combined. Fold in the cranberries, apricots and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Cranberry Cake
Sort By :
"I was so in hopes of finding a good cake that used biscuit mix, but this one will not be repeated at my house. It was so dry and crumbly that it was a chore to finish eating it. Its salvation was the cranberries, dried apricots, and almonds. That part was good. The rest of it--not so much."
"Easy, Quick and DelishPeople would think it took hours to make and you don't even have to use the mixer."