Apricot Cranberry Bread Recipe
I was making cranberry bread one day and wanted to try something a little different. I found a jar of apricot jam in the refrigerator and decided to spoon the jam into the center of the bread. It looked lumpy, so I took a knife and cut the jam into the bread. The end result was delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen halved cranberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; spoon preserves over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 155 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC