Apricot Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen halved cranberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; spoon preserves over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Apricot Cranberry Bread
"How do you half frozen whole cranberries?"
"The apricot preserves add a nice touch to this recipe. I've made these into mini-loaves and given them as gifts."
"Delicious! I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot spreadable fruit.~ Theresa"
"This was one of the best cranberry breads I have ever had. The addition of the jam was very yummy. I used peach because we had no apricot and it was delicious. (The addition of walnuts is also very tasty!) Overall everyone enjoyed it. The bread was moist and tasty!"