"These creamy milk shakes have a fruity twist that's an appealing change from the more traditional chocolate or strawberry flavor," notes Sharon Mensing, a field editor who lives in Greenfield, Iowa. "They're a real treat."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar, chilled
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a blender, combine apricot nectar, ice cream, milk powder if
- desired and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Stir if
- necessary. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped topping
- if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.