Apricot Cookie Strips Recipe
This delightful cookie is one that kids will love, but it’s sophisticated enough for adult parties, too! Caroline Wamelink - Cleveland Heights, OH
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4-in.-deep indentation lengthwise down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 3. Spoon preserves into indentation. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on a wire rack.
- 4. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC