Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
Having friends over for coffee? Serve them this scrumptious cake from our Test Kitchen. They'll never guess it's light!
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3-1/4 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Place 3 tablespoons spreadable fruit in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the pecans, sugar substitute, cinnamon and remaining spreadable fruit; set aside.
- 2. For cake, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar substitute and cardamom. Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Spread a third of the batter into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with half of the pecan mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a microwave, warm the reserved spreadable fruit; brush over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 213 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apricot Coffee Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC