Apricot-Coconut French Toast Recipe
As a busy activity director in RV parks, Jean Groen of Apache Junction, Arizona recalls, “I was always looking for easy food to prepare for various functions. This breakfast dish always brought raves and recipe requests!” JEAN’S TIP: “Leftovers, if there are any, are wonderful. Just microwave them for 15 seconds per slice.”
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat apricots and water on high for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and tilt to coat bottom. Sprinkle with coconut and apricots. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Dip bread into egg mixture; soak for 1 minute. Place slices close together over coconut mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Coconut French Toast in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p10
Reviews for Apricot-Coconut French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >