"These fancy, chewy cookies are made without eggs," notes Sara Kennedy of Manassas, Virginia. "Our son's allergy got me searching for treats he can enjoy...and we love them, too."
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add coconut and preserves; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients. Spoon over cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p67
Reviews for Apricot Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"These cookies are so yummy! My grandmother brought them to a cookie swap and she won second place! Very delicious."