"These fancy, chewy cookies are made without eggs," notes Sara Kennedy of Manassas, Virginia. "Our son's allergy got me searching for treats he can enjoy...and we love them, too."
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add coconut and preserves; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients. Spoon over cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p67
Reviews for Apricot Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"These cookies are so yummy! My grandmother brought them to a cookie swap and she won second place! Very delicious."