One of the senior members of our church brought this fruity treat to a Saturday morning wedding shower, and it was a big hit. I've made it several times since then and often get requests for the recipe. -Rita Hatfield, Cisco, Illinois
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot filling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until moistened.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. carefully spread apricot filling over batter; spread remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in coconut. Spoon over the cake. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Coffee Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p31
Reviews for Apricot Coconut Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review