Apricot Coconut Bars Recipe
“I created this recipe last winter and have had so many favorable comments from those who've sampled it.” Our taste panel, too, just raved about the great apricot flavor and sprinkling of coconut that make these bars so special! Barbara Rohlf - Spirit Lake, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Fold in dried apricots. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, preserves and remaining vanilla. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gently spread over cake batter. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 273 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC