Apricot Chip Triangles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Add the apricots, nuts and chips.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Shape into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 6 scones.
1 each: 479 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Apricot Chip Triangles
"I love this scone recipe. My family loves it with a homemade devonshire cream."