Apricot Chip Triangles Recipe
After a trip to England, I was determined to learn how to make scones. This recipe is a combination of several from my search. I often get together with my fellow travelers to enjoy a traditional English tea, and these scones are the highlight of that event.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Add the apricots, nuts and chips.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Shape into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 6 scones.
1 serving (1 each) equals 479 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Chip Triangles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC