- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Add the apricots, nuts and chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Shape into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 6 scones.
Originally published as Apricot Chip Triangles in Reminisce March/April 2005, p50
Reviews for Apricot Chip Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2011
"I love this scone recipe. My family loves it with a homemade devonshire cream."