Apricot Chip Cookies Recipe
Our state has an abundance of apricots and walnuts, and they are delicious in this cookie, which also includes chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 162 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Chip Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC