Apricot Chip Cookies
Our state has an abundance of apricots and walnuts, and they are delicious in this cookie, which also includes chocolate chips.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and
- baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir
- in the apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium,