Our state has an abundance of apricots and walnuts, and they are delicious in this cookie, which also includes chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Chip Cookies in Country Extra May 2005, p51
Reviews for Apricot Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2011
"what can i use in place of shortening?thx, cg"
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2008
"Yum. Apricot and chocolate are so good together. Have you tried it with milk chocolate? Or does the more bitter chocolate work better?"