I have fixed this tender glazed chicken for myself on many special occasions. With the pretty golden-orange sauce, it looks as good as it tastes.Winifred Brown, Jamesburg, New Jersey
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Russian or French salad dressing
- Pinch ginger, optional
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half (8 ounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine preserves, salad dressing and ginger if
- desired; set aside. Place chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking
- pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with apricot mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving with 2 Tablespoons sauce (prepared with low-fat French dressing, a skinless chicken breast and without salt) equals 212 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.