Apricot Chicken Wings
Simple-to-make appetizers are the key to easy entertaining. A five-ingredient marinade flavors these juicy and tender chicken wings.—Robin Spires, Tampa, Florida
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a small
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour 1/2 cup into a large
- resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings in a greased foil-lined
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35
- minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally
- with remaining marinade. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a