Apricot Chicken Stir-Fry
This sweet, fruity sauce goes very well with chicken. It's a great dish for two, but the recipe is easily adjusted to serve more.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 3
- minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil,
- sesame seeds, soy sauce, ginger and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no
- longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 364 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.