Apricot Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves, cut in half
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup halved snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, soak apricots in water; set aside (do not drain). Combine the flour, cilantro if desired, salt and pepper; sprinkle over the chicken and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat; stir-fry onion and celery for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the peas, ginger, garlic and apricots; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Return apricot mixture to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
Very bland. I tossed the recipe after making it.