Apricot Chicken Rice Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, peas, celery, apricots and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, mint, salt and pepper; shake well.
- 2. Stir rice into chicken mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 386 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Rice Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.