Apricot Chicken Rice Salad
Dried apricots, a hint of mint and lime juice combine with more conventional chicken salad ingredients in this unique, easy and refreshing twist on an old favorite from our Test Kitchen crew.
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl,
- combine the chicken, peas, celery, apricots and almonds. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice,
- mint, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Stir rice into chicken mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to
- coat. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 386 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,