Dried apricots, a hint of mint and lime juice combine with more conventional chicken salad ingredients in this unique, easy and refreshing twist on an old favorite from our Test Kitchen crew.
Featured In: Baking with Squash
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, peas, celery, apricots and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, mint, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Stir rice into chicken mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review