Apricot Chicken Pasta Recipe
"To come up with this pasta dish, I combined two of my husband's favorite things—apricots and chicken," says Elaine Sweet of Dallas, Texas. "It's not only delicious but a snap to prepare, too."
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring apricots and sherry to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until apricots are tender. Cool.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium. Add the chicken, cream and soy sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, almonds, onion, salt, pepper and apricots. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC