- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring apricots and sherry to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until apricots are tender. Cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium. Add the chicken, cream and soy sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, almonds, onion, salt, pepper and apricots. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
This literally tasted like something I would purchase at a restaurant. Delicious!
This was fantastic - my boyfriend actually said, "This tastes like something you'd order in a restaurant!"
I added fresh asparagus chopped into 1 inch pieces when sautéing the garlic and mushrooms. It was so wonderful. I look forward to making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >