Apricot Chicken Drumsticks
During the summer months, you can find my family gathered around the grill enjoying delicious dishes like this chicken recipe. You can serve the drumsticks hot off the grill or chilled. —Mary Ann Sklanka, Blakely, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 chicken drumsticks (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For sauce, in a small bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium
- heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°,
- turning and basting occasionally with sauce. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 chicken drumsticks equals 361 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon