Apricot Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 12 chicken drumsticks (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning and basting occasionally with sauce. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Drumsticks(10)
Sort By :
It just didn't turn out well for me on the grill. The glaze didn't stay on the drumsticks, so it was pretty tasteless. I'm going to try baking it in the oven and see how that works.
Sauce didn't have enough flavor and was a little too thin to use on the grill. No one disliked the recipe but no one raved either.
I used drumsticks and they took a lot longer to grill than just 20 minutes and when they were finished we thought they were tasteless
I used boneless chicken breast; this recipe was awesome. I did cut the oil in half. Defintely a keeper...
Very tasty. I used leg quarters, skin removed. I added cayenne pepper to the sauce and cooked on an outdoor electric grill. Very moist. Also very messy but thats ok, it was worth it.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >