Apricot Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 12 chicken drumsticks (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning and basting occasionally with sauce. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Drumsticks(9)
Sort By :
Sauce didn't have enough flavor and was a little too thin to use on the grill. No one disliked the recipe but no one raved either.
I used drumsticks and they took a lot longer to grill than just 20 minutes and when they were finished we thought they were tasteless
I used boneless chicken breast; this recipe was awesome. I did cut the oil in half. Defintely a keeper...
Very tasty. I used leg quarters, skin removed. I added cayenne pepper to the sauce and cooked on an outdoor electric grill. Very moist. Also very messy but thats ok, it was worth it.
I use this sauce for basting, but I make a marinade out of orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil. Marinate chicken for an hour or two, then grill and baste with the apricot sauce during grilling..... great Asian touch with the sweet OJ/soy sauce/sesame oil marinade. Everyone loves it and I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >