Apricot Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain apricots, reserving juice. Cut apricots into 1/2-in. slices; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in preserves and vinegar until combined; pour into skillet.
- 3. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add apricots and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 324 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Breasts
"The vinegar added a sourness to the sauce and did seem to offset the sweetness of the apricots somewhat. This was super easy to put together and even my toddler seemed to like it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.