Apricot Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain apricots, reserving juice. Cut apricots into 1/2-in. slices; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in preserves and vinegar until combined; pour into skillet.
- 3. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add apricots and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 324 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.