Apricot Chicken Bake Recipe
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a skillet, saute chicken in butter until browned. Remove chicken. Cook onion and green pepper in drippings until soft. Add flour, paprika, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, lemon peel and apricots. Arrange chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Place hot noodles in a serving dish. Arrange chicken over noodles. Top all with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without noodles) equals 321 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Bake
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.