Apricot Chicken Bake Recipe
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Cooked egg noodles
- In a skillet, saute chicken in butter until browned. Remove chicken. Cook onion and green pepper in drippings until soft. Add flour, paprika, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, lemon peel and apricots. Arrange chicken in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Place hot noodles in a serving dish. Arrange chicken over noodles. Top all with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken Bake
Sort By :
We apologize for the error, but the amount of chicken broth was accidentally omitted from this recipe. The correct amount is 2 cups. It will be posted to the recipe soon.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
I found this recipe in TOH's book, "Low-Fat Country Cooking." As printed in the book, the recipe calls for 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth. Apparently this information was omitted from the online recipe.
Very bitter !! Too much paprika. Can't taste the apricots. Says to add broth but never says how much. Will never make again !!
Recipe says to gradually add chicken broth but there is no chicken broth listed in the ingredients!!!