Apricot Chicken and Snow Peas
I adore this dish. It's simple and fast to make, plus it tastes great.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add
- the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds,
- soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and
- vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 366 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.