I adore this dish. It's simple and fast to make, plus it tastes great.
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Apricot Chicken and Snow Peas in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p164
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken and Snow Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review