- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot Chicken and Snow Peas
Sort By :
I double this recipe for my mom and me, It was easy and delicious! I have made it several times,
We made this using the sugar-free apricot preserves. We could not obtain fresh snow peas so substituted red pepper, white and brown onion, and carrots. The flavor of the sauce was delicious. We like heat so will likely try to add a little fresh jalapeno or red chili pepper flakes next time. This was truly a good sauce for stir fry and we will definitely be making again.
I was craving Chinese and I convinced myself to try this recipe. This relieved my craving because it was restaurant quality...very easy...loved that it was one portion and just all out delicious!