- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Russian or French salad dressing
- Pinch ginger, optional
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half (8 ounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine preserves, salad dressing and ginger if desired; set aside. Place chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with apricot mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Chicken
Sort By :
It was very easy to make and it came out very tender and juicy. I amde it with the russian dressing. I think next time I will try it with the onion soup mix as I think it needed more zip.
I have made similar in a crockpot recipe, but it has NEVER come out as tender, juicy, and glazed as this recipe did. I will certainly make it again!
This is a super simple recipe that results in a very good tasting piece of chicken. I used the Russian dressing and left out the salt and pepper. I will definitely be making this again and again.
this is really good with 1/4 pack of onion soup mix on top before you bake it as well!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >