Dark chocolate and the tart taste of apricots make these tiny cheesecakes from Alicia Montalvo Pagan in New Bedford, Massachusetts something special for a springtime buffet.
Featured In: 20 Recipes to Make with Fresh Citrus
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apricot nectar
- 3 dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated chocolate
- In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of tart shells. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and apricot nectar. Spoon into shells. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes. Just before serving, top with apricot strips and grated chocolate. Yield: 15 tartlets.
Originally published as Apricot Cheesecake Tarts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p44
Reviews for Apricot Cheesecake Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review