With such an appealing blend of flavors, these bars never seem to last long!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and nuts. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Spread the jam over cooled crust. Pour cream cheese mixture over jam.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture; press down lightly. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Apricot Cheesecake Bars in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p272
Reviews for Apricot Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review