Apricot Cheese Kugel Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Drain and rinse noodles; add to egg mixture.
- 2. Spoon half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the preserves; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 466 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Cheese Kugel
"This is way beyond good, it's totally excellent!! Perfectly balanced, didn't have to change a thing. A definite "keeper" recipe. Thank you so much !!"
"This is an awesome recipe and is the dish is always scraped clean whenever I take it to church potlucks."
"yum-o!!! although it was terrific with apricot jam, next time i'll try using drained canned apricots."