Apricot Cheese Kugel
This sweet noodle kugel is a fun dessert and a super addition to any brunch buffet. My family and friends scrape the pan clean. I got the recipe from my sister years ago. Florence Palermo, Melrose Park, Illinois
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth; stir in
- lemon juice. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Drain and rinse noodles;
- add to egg mixture.
- Spoon half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with
- half of the preserves; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 466 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 233 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.