This sweet noodle kugel is a fun dessert and a super addition to any brunch buffet. My family and friends scrape the pan clean. I got the recipe from my sister years ago. —Florence Palermo, Melrose Park, Illinois
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Drain and rinse noodles; add to egg mixture.
- Spoon half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the preserves; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Cheese Kugel in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p27
Reviews for Apricot Cheese Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review