- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the sugar, butter, eggs and sour cream. Gradually add salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour (the dough will be soft and sticky). Place in a greased bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 2-3 times. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 16-in. x 10-in. oval; place on greased baking sheets.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. Spread 1-1/4 cups filling over each oval to within 1 in. of edges. Fold longest side over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Spread preserves on top. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Apricot Cheese Danish
Sort By :
"We make this Danish almost every christmas. we prefer it without the apricot just the cream cheese"
"This has been my favorite Taste of Home recipe since about the year 2000. Every time I make it, family and friends can't stop eating it. It's the bomb diggity of desserts."
"This is great with any choice of fruit filling. Thanks for a delicious recipe."