Apricot Cheese Crescents Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add cottage cheese; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- For the filling, combine apricots and water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender; cover and process on high speed until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar. Cover and chill.
- For topping, combine almonds and sugar; set aside. On a floured surface, roll the balls into 2-1/2-in. circles. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of filling onto each. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with almond mixture. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apricot Cheese Crescents(3)
Sort By :
Everybody really loved these. It took time but it was worth it for a special day like at the holidays.
This recipe required some work with all the rolling but the results were delicious.
My mother has made something similar to this recipe for years- called Hungarian Kiffels. She uses apricot jam for the filling, and cream cheese instead of cottage cheese in the cookie. They're very labor intensive since the dough needs to stay very chilled. She also cuts them into squares, folding in the sides to make diamonds, before dusting with egg whites and almonds. These are my favorite cookie she makes.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >