Apricot Caramel Tart Recipe
Our recipe specialists fill a buttery shortbread crust with a sweet apricot and caramel filling for an appealing finish to any holiday meal. Be sure to chill the dough overnight for easier handling.
- 1-1/4 cups slivered almonds
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. Place slivered almonds in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add the flour, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, coriander and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice and almond extract; cover and process until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into two portions so that one is slightly larger than the other; wrap each one in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Press larger portion of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Combine preserves with ice cream topping; spread over crust.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim and seal edges. Beat egg and water; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and sliced almonds. Place on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 483 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Apricot Caramel Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC