Apricot Caramel Tart Recipe
Our recipe specialists fill a buttery shortbread crust with a sweet apricot and caramel filling for an appealing finish to any holiday meal. Be sure to chill the dough overnight for easier handling.
- 1-1/4 cups slivered almonds
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Place slivered almonds in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add the flour, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, coriander and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice and almond extract; cover and process until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press one portion of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Combine preserves with ice cream topping; spread over crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim and seal edges. Beat egg and water; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and sliced almonds. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Caramel Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p33
Reviews for Apricot Caramel Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >